This one is one I actually discovered at Allrecipes. I wanted something Mexican, easy, and not enchiladas. This fit the bill.
"For a fun and flavorful baked fiesta, cook ground beef and chopped onions with tomato soup, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning mix. Add cooked macaroni and bake with a scrumptious topping of corn chips, Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese!"
1 pound lean ground beef
8 ounces macaroni
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain.
3. In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef and chopped onion over medium heat until brown. Mix in tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning mix. Stir in pasta.
4. Spoon beef mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle crumbled taco chips and grated cheese on top.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve with chopped green onions and sour cream, if desired.