- Crawling into Bed with TN Tarrant And a Good BookImportant things first, are these sheets silk or cotton?Cotton. I know, real exciting, right?What are you wearing?*blushes* uh...well...um...I'm in bed....*motions awkwardly* I sleep in the buffWhat are we snacking on in bed while we read tonight?*giggles* Chocolate covered blueberries. *whispers* I have to hide them from Remmy though....If I open this nightstand drawer, what will I find?Well, books, of course. Um let's see, just the normal things, silk ties, pink feather boas, fur cover handcuffs, various and assorted oddities, toys. *shrugs* Just normal stuff.Do you roll up in the blankets like a burrito, or kick the covers off during the night?It depends on how hot I feel....Can I put my cold feet on your calves to warm them up?If I can put my cold heiny on your nice warm, firm...tummy, yeah that's it, tummy. *nods innocently*My first book, "The Absent-minded Astrophysicist" from Silver Publishing! *dances around* My sweet boys and their wonderful Empress, lol.Here's an excerpt:A month later they were sitting in the park, enjoying the nice warm day, with Empress staked out on a leash so she could enjoy the grass. Jared had never seen a cat accept being on a leash, but Empress truly didn't seem to mind. He was sitting with his back against a tree, with Liam between his legs lying back against Jareth, and watching Empress stalk some unfortunate critter through the grass.
- Jareth chuckled as he rubbed Liam's stomach, enjoying the feel of the man in his arms. He smiled to himself as he felt Liam tense then relax. Even through the shirt Jareth could feel some of Liam's scars, but he said nothing, trying to make it clear they didn't put him off. "That is the only cat I've ever seen that wants to go for walksies. How did you train her to the leash?"
- Liam snorted. "I try to remember to exercise a little, at least. Keith made a joke that I should walk her often then I wouldn't have to clean a litter box. I didn't realize at the time it was a joke, so I got a pretty little harness and a leash and I just started walking her. I kept the litter box though; we don't like to have to go out in the rain or snow." Liam shrugged as he hugged Jareth's arms tighter to him. He loved sitting like this, Jareth made him feel like he was surrounded in the warmest, cuddliest blanket ever. Jareth didn't seem to mind that Liam liked to touch him, almost constantly. Indeed, Jareth seemed to share that tendency to touch. He smiled as he recalled the blush on Jareth's face when he admitted to being a tactile junkie. He'd certainly seen the proof of it the first time Jareth invited him to dinner at his new apartment. Everything, the furniture, the bedding, even in the guest room, was all chosen for how they felt to Jareth. He liked soft fabrics and smooth woods. He also discovered that while Jareth often worked with his hands, which should have left them a bit rough-skinned, and even callused, he used a special exfoliator for his hands, to keep them smooth and soft. That was an even deeper blush that Liam had been immensely charmed by, when Jareth had found Liam in the bathroom, examining the hand scrub. As he threaded his fingers through Jareth's, he admitted he liked how those smooth, soft skinned fingers felt in his.
- They both laughed quietly as Empress froze, only the tip of her tail flicking, then pounced. After a moment's futile fighting on the critter's part, Empress triumphantly brought it to them, jumping onto Liam and dropping a half-dead beetle in his lap. Liam screeched softly and batted at it—sort of. Empress, looking ferociously pleased with herself, pounced on the terrifying creature, and saved her human, picking up the beetle and leaping from Liam's lap. Jareth chuckled as Liam watched his beauty of a cat, grinning. Then Empress came bounding back, climbing up Liam's body, head-butting him, and giving his cheek a rough lick, before curling up on Liam's chest, as if his and Jareth's entwined arms made a nest just for her.
- They talked lazily for a bit. The ground was still half frozen but Liam found the blanket Jareth had them sitting on insulated them from the ground's chill very well, making it easy for them to stay out. Despite the warmth of the sun, it was only barely turning to spring here, and still cold most of the time. Empress woke from her nap and jumped down to explore some more, and Liam gasped as Jareth's hands began to wander, exploring through Liam's shirt intently.
- "Do you want me to stop?" Jareth's deep voice whispered in his ear, a little roughly. Liam shook his head. He dropped his head back, surprised at how good it felt when Jareth's finger brushed over his nipples lightly. He bit his lip to keep the noises in his throat to himself. It would never do to behave too much the wanton. "You feel so good in my arms, sweetheart." A tender kiss landed on his temple. "So good to hold you like this, Liam."
- For a few blissful minutes, Liam enjoyed the soft, teasing touches, until the voices of others intruded. Liam stiffened in Jareth's arms, blushing furiously. He even tried to crawl out of Jareth's lap. "Oh, no, sweetheart," Jareth refused softly, gently but firmly keeping Liam close, although he stopped the caressing. Jareth soothed him, encouraging Liam to relax again. "It's okay, baby. It's my fault, I got a little carried away, forgot where we were."
- As mortified as he was at nearly being caught behaving like a slut in public by the group of young teenagers that were now approaching the tree where they sat, part of Liam was glad Jareth forgot. It was an even better indication of how Jareth might really feel about him than the erection pressed against the small of his back as they leaned together against the tree. Slowly Liam relaxed again, but other than holding him just as close before, Jareth didn't try to resume fondling him again. Liam missed the intimacy, but was glad at the same time. He wasn't sure how much of that he could handle.
- They sat cuddling and watching Empress play for another hour before they reluctantly left the park. Empress walked all the way back to Liam's house, happily exploring as they went, and Jareth held Liam's hand, something Liam discovered he really liked. More than handholding in public wasn't really to Liam's taste, but it didn't seem to be Jareth's either, another level they clicked on. The "idiasshole" as Jareth had taken to calling the ex-boyfriend of Liam's, hadn't allowed any public indication that they were involved during their brief affair. Jareth seemed to have no problem with it anywhere but at work, and that was just a matter of behaving professionally.For the rest of "the Absent-minded Astrophysicist," here is the link, I hope you enjoy my book
- You can email me at email@example.com
The village Elders warned of a creature that lurked in the forest depths. Elric was a skilled hunter, a warrior who defended his people. When game was scarce what choice did he have but to go further into the wood?
He'd followed a deer trail to this place. Grey water sparkled in the winter sunlight A man, not a beast, sat on his haunches in the mouth of a cave, eyes as grey as the spring locked squarely on Elric.
"You have come."
He couldn't look away from those glittering eyes, his heart raced and his stomach knotted. "For me?" Elric dropped into a defensive crouch, hand landing on the haft of his bone tipped spear.
"You are the one. It was foretold." The man retreated into the cave, motioning Elric to follow.
On the threshold he froze. In the midst of the horror that furnished the cave, the old man sat, staring.
"What?" Elric's grip on his weapon tightened ready to defend himself, but it seemed the man's gaze held him immobile.
The man glanced around as though just noticing the grisly remains that littered his domain. "They were not you." He shrugged, "It was foretold. Fulfill the prophecy."
If you enjoyed my flash, check out the others at
Molly Synthia http://mollysynthia.com
Naomi Shaw: www.authornaomishaw.com
Julez S Morbius: http://
Lee Brazil: http://
Havan Fellows: http://
Angelica Dawson: http://
Jake Malden: http://jakemalden.blogspot.com
Pablo Michaels: http://
Bonni Sansom: http://
Dianne Hartsock: http://
Ray Sostre: http://
Crawling Into Bed With Jason Fleetfoot, Drew Danvers, and a Good Book
Important things first, are these sheets silk or cotton?
Jason: Silk. I love how smooth they are. When Drew goes at me hard and starts shoving me across the bed, nothing chafes.
Drew: *shakes his head* TMI, Jason.
What are you wearing?
Jason: *peeks under the covers* What? Why? Since when do you wear anything to bed?
What are we snacking on in bed while we read tonight?
Jason: Ooh. I got us some wings. I was going to order some chilli cheese fries too, but Drew thought that was too much.
Drew: I'll be snacking on Jason. *grins showing off his fangs*
If I open this nightstand drawer, what will I find?
Jason: *grabs Lee's arm* Don't open that. Drew will get all embarrassed. Did you even know a vampire could blush?
Drew: *rolls eyes* Lube, toys, and a gag. You can see why I need one.
Do you roll up in the blankets like a burrito, or kick the covers off during the night?
Jason: I kick the covers off. My man is all the heat I need.
Drew: I'd like to wrap up in the covers, but my over-heated little shifter makes that impossible.
Can I put my cold feet on your calves to warm them up?
Jason: *smiles lasciviously* Definitely.
Drew: *flashes his fangs again* Don't touch him.
What are we reading?
Protect and Serve: Hoofin' it to the Altar by Silvia Violet
Deer shifter Jason Fleetfoot and vampire detective Drew Danvers have been together for a year. When Drew proposes, Jason is thrilled but shocked. Vampires aren't usually the marrying kind, even the few who side with the good guys. Drew wants to elope, but Jason's sister, Natalie, insists on planning an elaborate ceremony.
As Jason and Drew fend off well-meaning friends and family, a far more serious problem threatens their union. A vampire killer is on the loose. He subdues his undead victims without a struggle and finishes them off by literally curdling their blood. Drew has no idea what could kill a vampire so easily, and everyone suspects he's next on the killer's list. Can he stop the killer in time for "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today..." to start his wedding instead of his funeral?
I'm Jason Fleetfoot, deer shifter and crime lab tech. I might look like a badass, but lately, I'm embarrassingly domesticated. I'm living like an old married man with a vampire. That's right, a vampire. Me and my man have settled down into a predictable routine just like upstanding normal folks. A few months ago, I moved in with him and volunteered to keep working the night shift at the crime lab while he's out chasing down bad guys. He's a big, bad detective. Yeah, a vamp who works for the good guys. We come home from work, have dinner, well, I do. He has me for dinner. Then we watch a little TV and tuck in for the night or, rather, day.
What about the sex? Don't look shocked, I know you're interested. The sex is anything but predictable. Drew is hotter than a solar flare. We're both stronger and faster than humans and willing to try almost anything. I'll just say we've damn near brought the building down a few times and leave it at that.
I can barely believe we've been together for a whole year. Before I met Drew, if I fucked the same guy for a week, I started to get antsy, but now I'm in love. Yeah, I admit it. This badass stag shifter is all mushy-gushy, I-don't-ever-want-to-leave-you in love. And love makes you dumb. Dumb enough to think a vampire would care about celebrating our anniversary.
I made us reservations and kept them a secret until today. I surprised Drew with the plans when he woke up early this evening, and he seemed happy, if a little distracted. I thought he was into my idea even though we rarely go out unless we stop by Shift for a beer on our night off. Drew doesn't eat, but he likes to watch me when I order something special. I love to eat, and sometimes I really get into my food. Drew says I look like I'm about to come from the deliciousness, and he likes that, a lot.
So I got all dressed up, well, all dressed up for me, which means a collared shirt and a coat with my jeans, and planned to have a nice, civilized evening. But Drew went to do some errands after he got up, and now he's a half hour late meeting me at the restaurant, and he's not answering his phone.
Now, my anger turns to fear as I think how unlike him it is to be late. He just closed a case involving a werewolf pack that was kidnapping young women. Supposedly, the guilty parties were in jail, but what if they've found a way to get retribution? And they are far from the only people who'd like to see Drew permanently dead. Thanks to the news coverage of his kidnapping and forced Change at the hands of a vampire crime boss and the city's unlikely decision to let him keep his job with the police force, Drew is fairly well known. There are plenty of people out there, human and vampire, who don't like the idea of his kind fighting crime.
I grab my phone to call Drew again, but as I do, he walks through the door. He looks amazing. He's wearing gray dress pants and a pale blue shirt that strains against his broad shoulders. He even has on a tie, blood red, of course. He must have bought the outfit while he was out, because I've never seen any of those clothes in his closet. He smiles at the hostess, the smile that gets most female witnesses to tell him anything he needs to hear. It used to make me jealous when he looked at others like that, but now I just smile and think how lucky I am to have him all to myself.
He catches sight of me, and his smile widens. My heart pounds. Even after a year, I still get excited when he looks at me like that. I'm so relieved he's not decapitated in an alley somewhere that I can't stay angry about his tardiness. He's too damn charming in his suave clothes.
When the hostess walks away, Drew's hot gaze pins me in place. "I'm sorry I'm so late," he says.
"You didn't answer your phone." Shit! I sound like a nagging wife.
"First time you called I was paying for something. Then I rushed home to change. I thought it would be better to get here as fast as I could rather than wasting time calling you."
Logical, but annoying. "I was worried."
Drew frowns. "Why?"
"Um, you're a detective, remember? You chase bad guys who'd be happy to see you dead, and you just put some savage pieces of shit in jail."
"Oh yeah." He looks thoughtful.
"What's wrong? Did something happen tonight?"
He shakes his head. "No, I'm just distracted."
"Did Seth call? Did you get a new case?" Seth is Drew's lieutenant and also a good friend.
"No. I'm fine, really."
Our server approaches the table. Drew looks relieved that I can't question him any more.We place our drink orders, and I try to engage Drew in conversation, but he's doing his cold, distant vamp routine, and it's pissing me off. "If you didn't want to go out, why the fuck didn't you say so?"
The server times his reappearance perfectly to save Drew again. I wonder if he heard me, but I'm too angry, and I don't care about making a spectacle. Why was Drew acting like he'd rather be anywhere else?
I order, and the server turns to Drew expectantly. Drew gives him a smile that shows fang. His eyes widen, and he steps back. "So that will be all then, gentlemen?" He nearly chokes on the last word.
"Yes, thank you," I say. I glare at Drew. "What was that for?"
"I don't want him hovering."
"You don't want him flirting."
Drew attracts men and women without trying, whether it's because he's a vampire or just his natural magnetism. He usually finds several admirers wherever we go, but he's more likely to scare them away than flirt back.
He smiles at me, and instead of looking disinterested like he did before, he looks turned on. What game is he playing?
Find out how Drew and Jason got together in Sex on the Hoof. Available at Changeling Press: http://changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1629
Learn more about Silvia Violet at http://silviaviolet.com
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955