So, here's what's scenting my kitchen right now...
Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Potato Soup
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups peeled and cubed red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced, cooked bacon
Garnish with a bit of crumbled bacon, a dab of sour cream, some diced chives, a sprinkle of cheddar, or even a few chopped tomatoes... maybe even broccoli.
- In crock pot, add onion, potatoes, salt and pepper, and chicken stock. Cook four hours on high or eight hours on low.
- Puree cooked potatoes with broth in blender. Return to crock. Stir in milk, sugar, cheese, and bacon. Return to heat, on high, stirring frequently, until cheese melts and everything is adequately combined.
- If you want a thick soup, add a tablespoon of Wondra, stirring it in thoroughly.