Apple Spice Dump Cake
Okay, this one of those throw it together quick recipes that makes a nice homey dessert. I make my own pie filling, but you can use canned as the recipe says. Not sure if this is from Allrecipes.com or Taste of Home magazine, originally, so I’ll give both of them a nod here. It smells awesome baking and reminds me of my Memere, whose kitchen was always scented with cinnamon and vanilla and other things to make a kids mouth water.
1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix (or white, or yellow)
2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling (5 cups of pie filling about what you’d use to make a 9 inch pie)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 tablespoon white sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Pour the cans of apple pie filling into a 9 x 13 inch rectangular pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sugar. Sprinkle mixture over pie filling.
4. Pour the dry box of cake mix over apples. Dot with butter and scatter nuts on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes to an hour, until cake is brown on top and bubbling on the sides. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.