2/09/2012

Crawl in Bed With Tom from A Bear on Books


Crawling Into Bed With
Tom Webb ( A Bear)
And a Good Book

*crawls across bed to the pillows* Important things first, are these sheets silk or cotton?  

Cotton.  I like that soft feeling Egyptian cotton gives without worrying about sliding off the bed in the middle of something.


Well, these are certainly soft. I have to agree that sliding off in the middle of something would not be good. What are you wearing? 

A smile, to quote Marilyn.


*fans self* Whoo...What are we snacking on in bed while we read tonight? 

Mmm, with you, Lee, some nice asiago and crackers, and a shiraz.  I know, I won’t kick you out for eating crackers in my bed…


Mmm.  I have a sure fire method of making sure there aren't any crumbs...If I open this nightstand drawer, what will I find?  

Oh crap.  You had to ask.  Let’s see…doggie treats for my babies, ummm. Leather restraints, lube and…Lee, are you blushing?


*shakes head* Oh, no...that's not a blush...it's more of a um...flush. Do you roll up in the blankets like a burrito, or kick the covers off during the night?  

Kick ‘em off.  I’m hot blooded.


Well, then, it's a perfect match. Can I put my cold feet on your calves to warm them up?  

You can put anything you want on me.


*reaches for crackers and cheese* So, what are we reading?   Well, tonight we are reading Candy G by Carol Zampa.  It’s the hot and sexy love story about a young man who falls for the former lawyer of a crime lord, and the danger they both are in.

 EXCERPT


THE moment I crossed the threshold into the office, Carlos strained against the handcuffs, clanging them on the chair.

“What the fuck are you doing here? How did you…?” His words faded, his mind clearly calculating, and he closed his eyes tight. “He called you, didn’t he?”

So he didn’t know Flores had called me.

Before I could reply, the honeyed voice of Teirso Flores, the voice I’d hoped never to hear again, the voice that sent ice up my spine, cooed from the corner of the office, “Candelario knew not to turn down my special invitation, a very lovely….” He paused, then purred, “Expensive diamond earring. He’s a smart man, Carlos.”

From behind an elegant desk, conspicuously out of place in the small, bare area, Flores sank deep into the palm of the chair and rested his chin on his fist. A glint of wicked contentment danced in his black eyes, and the caramel leather sighed as he rocked slowly back and forth.

I crossed the office, ignoring Flores, and sank to my haunches in front of Carlos. “Are you all right, Carlos?”

I took a quick inventory of his condition. Dried blood formed a path from his earlobe to down his neck, apparently when the earring had been yanked from his ear.

“I’m okay.” The corner of his lip turned up. “That explains the earring. I thought he just did it for pain.” A sad frown softened his spirited brown eyes. “You shouldn’t have come.”

My fingers caressed the dark stubble of his cheek. “You’d have done the same thing, chico.”

Nodding, he pressed into my palm.

“I think I’m going to cry,” Flores sang, wiping imaginary tears from his eyes. “Watching the two lovebirds. Better than a Julia Roberts movie.”

My former client was not a good-looking man, but he was beautiful in a primitive, feral way. Short, sleek black hair, slightly receding, and a smooth, open face contrasted sharply with intense onyx eyes and a thick, full mustache. His charming demeanor belied a rapacious, soulless predator.

Jesse stood in the doorway.

Flores waved a finger, and the ruby in his pinkie ring sparkled in the stark lighting. “Just your jefe, Jesse. Close the door.”

Jesse bristled and advanced a step, ready to defy the order, but I threw him a warning glance and he retreated, closing the door.

I rose and faced Flores.

He pointed to a vacant chair. “Sit, Candelario.”

“No, thank you.” Crossing my arms over my chest, I moved to the door and leaned against it. “Let’s just get this over with.”

“Sí.” He shrugged, his full lips pursing. “Let’s take care of our business.” Sitting forward in the chair, he clasped his hands and placed them on the ink blotter. “And what, since you’re in such a hurry, would you like to tell me?” Thumbing toward Carlos, he added, “For your lovely amante to hear?”

I felt my soul dying as the answer surfaced to my lips, and my insides trembled riotously. How difficult it was to sell my soul to the devil while Carlos watched. “You know.”

Flores’s eyes narrowed to slits. “But I want to hear it, mi corazón.”

At the seductive tone of Flores’s endearment, I sensed Carlos’s stare fixed on me.

“Say it,” Flores growled. His gaze, fiery and savage, consumed me.

I pushed away from the door and bent over the desk. My palms on the glossy mahogany surface, I surrendered the words that would banish the only man I’d ever loved from my life. “I’ll come back to work for you.”


You all can get to know Tom better by checking him out at  A Bear on Books.  

That's at www.tom-webb.blogspot.com – visit me and check out my thoughts on books, including Lee’s new one, The Librarian.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my McTom! I am speechless, and honored. Thank you so much. Sort of being in bed with you made my day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. Nice to see you and Tom in bed together with Carol! Loved the interview, Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy G is such a good book! I can't wait for the C. Zampa's next book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous interview, loved that book but im still stuck on the leather restraints...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy G.
    *sigh*
    I really can't say enough good things about this book. The characters leapt off the page and captured my heart. I wept, and rejoiced with them...I grieved, I reveled. Wow. I tell you what, Tom and Lee. Damn fine choice of a gal (and a coupla hotties) to get in bed with. They are lava-lava-burning hot, and I am sincerely looking forward to the next offering by C.Zampa.

    *psst...is there any Shiraz left?*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the post, Tom! I snorted with LOL at the 'sliding off in the middle of something' comment XD

    Candy G is so on my TR list. Yay, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I'm a very visual person, and could see all this happening.

    ReplyDelete

Be Yourself

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955
The Romance Reviews