9/13/2012

Crawl in Bed With Carrie Pulkinen


Crawling Into Bed With Carrie Pulkinen

And a Good Book 'Reawakened'

Important things first, are these sheets silk or cotton?
Cotton, definitely. It breathes better in the Texas heat.

What are you wearing?
Pink leopard print, spaghetti strap pajamas...my favorite!

What are we snacking on in bed while we read tonight?
Hmm...whipped cream and chocolate sauce could be fun ;)

If I open this nightstand drawer, what will I find?
Just some bed time toys. Isn't that what you'd find in anyone's drawer? Oh, and extra batteries...just in case.

Do you roll up in the blankets like a burrito, or kick the covers off during the night?
I'm a cover kicker. I've always got to have at least one leg out.

Can I put my cold feet on your calves to warm them up?
Your feet would never get cold in bed with me ;)

What are we reading? (include your cover art, buy links & excerpt)
 We're reading my new paranormal romance, Reawakened.

Blurb:

Her magic has been reawakened. But will her heart let her follow her destiny?

Jules Hume lives in a world where magic is a myth and supernatural creatures are fiction. Or so she thinks. Her boyfriend Ian would have to disagree. When Jules discovers the man of her dreams is not only a vampire, but a vampire king who’s tasked with saving the world from a demon attack, life as she knows it ends. Can she accept her fate and take her place by Ian's side as ruler of the paranormal world? Or will she close her mind and her heart to the chance at love and adventure?

Excerpt:
This is the night, I thought. After what just happened, he had to tell me everything. I braced myself, and walked into the bedroom.

My clothes were gone. Ian must've put them in the dryer already. On the bed lay a soft, midnight blue robe. The bedroom door was closed, and I could hear the shower running down the hall. I figured it would be a while before Ian came back, so I left the towel in the bathroom and walked naked across the room to get the robe. Distracted as I was with everything that had happened, I wasn't paying attention to where I stepped, and I tripped on the rug, falling face-first on the ground. I let out a little squeal as I went down. I didn't think I was loud, but Ian was in the room in seconds.

"Are you okay, my Jewel? I heard you scream." He took me by the hand and lifted me to my feet.

"I'm fine." Heat flushed my cheeks. "And I didn't scream. I just squealed a little bit when I fell. You didn't have to stop your shower to come rescue me again."

It was then that I realized I was naked. And my eyes had been locked with his since he came through the door, so I was just beginning to realize that he was naked too. And he was wet. His muscles flowed down his body like a perfectly carved statue, firm and hard. My eyes took in his form. From his eyes, down to his chest. His muscular arms had me longing for his embrace. His perfect six-pack abs had my hands twitching with the need to touch. Down my eyes went to his…oh my! He was definitely excited. I forced my gaze back up to his eyes, and the expression I found there was one of pure need…of lust…and love. His eyes went down my body and back up to return my gaze. He licked is lips.


Please include any links you'd like to share with readers.

Buy links: I don't have any yet. The book is going to be released September 14th.

2 comments:

  1. Buy Links! :)

    Breathless Press: http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=13&products_id=341

    All Romance eBooks: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-reawakened-939491-139.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steamy excerpt! All the best with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Yourself

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955
The Romance Reviews