1/31/2013

Crawl in Bed With Vaughn....Sort of...


Crawling Into Bed With Vaughn
And a Good Book Wish Me Nothing

*Crawls into bed* Important things first, are these sheets silk or cotton?
I like the simple things in life. Cotton is fine with me, though I do splurge for the higher thread count once in a while. You don't really think of these types of things when your boyfriend can pretty much conjure up anything you wi— um...desire.

Hm...What were you going to say? Nothing, huh? What are you wearing?
 Just my—
*clap of thunder*
*lightning shoots through the bedroom*
*an evil yet humorous laugh follows*
Shan:  Hold on now. Wait just one minute. Seriously Lee, you want to interview him? This guy is so vanilla he has black dots on his white skin. You need a little blue in your bed baby...
Vaughn:  We had an agreement about yo—
*Shan sucks on Vaughn's nose*
Shan:  You're absolutely right, butter cream, there is nothing little about me. Now be gone, and don't forget to tell Ar I goosed your no-no square, I just love it when his hemisphere rumbles.
*waves as Vaughn disappears screaming at him*
So now, where were we you tall, dark and spanking honey? Oh yes...wardrobe. How about I dress in a big ol' heaping of...you guessed it...blue?
*Djins out with nothing on*

*mouth drops open* Good lord man! Put that thing away before you put someone's eye out! What are we snacking on in bed while we read tonight?
Well I know what I'm nibbling on tonight? Question is, you gonna repay the favor? 

Nope, sorry. If I open this nightstand drawer, what will I find?
Remember...vanilla? Now if you wanna sah-wing down to my place I'm sure I can find something to your liking. Do you prefer coarse or soft?

Fabric? I'm partial to flannel and soft faded denim, as a matter of fact. But I don't keep either of them in the nightstand. Do you roll up in the blankets like a burrito, or kick the covers off during the night?
Does the burrito have a cream filling?

Don't get out much, do you? A burrito usually has a meat, bean, rice or cheese filling...or you know, some combination of the above. Can I put my cold feet on your calves to warm them up?
Is that what you humans are calling it now? Calves? Foot away baby jay...just make sure when you tuck your toes up underneath there that you wiggle them a bit. I just love the sensation that creates...

*eyeroll* You are a real handful, aren't you? *covers eyes* Forget I said that, huh? Jeeze...What are we reading?
We're reading about the night that I single-handedly saved my brother's delectable derriere. Now some people might claim it happened differently, but come on now—who you gonna trust?
*holds hands wide and smiles showing his sharpened fangs*
Fine, let me prove it to you...

Ar and Vaughn have a great relationship. When Vaughn makes a simple slip of the tongue, Ar's life is put in jeopardy. Whatever you do, don't say "I wish".

Blurb:
Ever hear the old saying "Be careful what you wish for"?

What happens if you find out that the Djin are not just fairy tales? That could be bad. Now, what happens if you find out that your boyfriend of a year and a half is a Djin? That could be worse.

In one fateful night, Vaughn Boggs's world is turned inside out. Not only does he find out his boyfriend, Ar, is keeping a life shattering secret from him. But when other Djin threaten Ar's life, Vaughn has to work with Shan, Ar's lecherous brother, to find a way for them all to survive so they can see the next sunrise.

Vaughn isn't sure a human can take on the magicks of the Djin, and he definitely isn't sure he can trust Shan...but for Ar he's willing to wish that both are possible.

Wish Me Nothing is available for pre-order at Breathless Press

Excerpt:
Immediately Vaughn jumped out of the chair and ran to the other side of the room. When he turned around, a Djin rested his hip casually against the corner of the desk. Without moving closer, Vaughn studied him. This one was a new one; though he resembled Ar in some aspects, he didn't reach Ar's height. His face also lacked the viciousness of the beach Djin. Okay, a new one. Great.
"Who are you? None of you are supposed to be able to get in here!"
"Aw, isn't that cute. You aren't afraid of the big blue man. Silly human. Ar couldn't keep me out even if he tried, and trust me, he tried."
The man—no, the monster—pushed off the desk and advanced on Vaughn slowly, like a beast stalking his prey. For every move the stranger took, Vaughn mimicked it in the same direction, attempting to keep the distance from minimizing.
"What do you want with me?"
"Well, you see, the way I figure it, if you're good enough for Ar to give up his life...well then I might as well give you a go. I'm thinking your dick shoots gold or something. Wanna show me?"
Vaughn bumped into the leather love seat and quickly side-stepped behind it. "Let's not and say I did."
"Now come on, coy doesn't become you. I'm really quite good at it. Betcha I'm better than Ar in the sack." He jumped over the love seat and cornered Vaughn, planting a palm on either side of Vaughn's head flat against the wall so no escape could be made. "I promise to be gentle, for the first five minutes or so at least. Until you beg me to be rough." He leaned closer and breathed in Vaughn's ear, "And oh yes, you will beg. They all do."
Vaughn put his hands on that blue chest and pushed him away. Or at least strove to, but he concluded a brick wall would move before this Djin did.
The stranger rubbed his chest into Vaughn's hands and sighed loudly. "Oooh that tickles. Do it again?"
Vaughn snatched his hands back and contemplated the likelihood of slipping under one of those massive arms.
"Shan, I suggest you back away from him right now."
Vaughn's muscles relaxed a bit when he heard that voice. "Ar?"
"Jeez Ar, you're just ordering everyone to leave your toy alone. Didn't you ever learn the value of sharing?" Shan licked Vaughn's ear. Vaughn felt his sharp teeth nip at his lobe and cringed. "Ar!"
"Shan. The next part of you that touches him will be removed."
Shan huffed a chuckle into Vaughn's now wet ear.
"Let me rephrase that. The next part of you that touches him I will delight in ripping off with my bare hands."
"Your loss, moon pie. Ahh, we coulda been so good together," he whispered before moving away from him.
Vaughn rushed to Ar's side and looked at Shan's smug face. "He stronger than you also?"
"No. In fact, this one seems to like it when I beat the shit out of him on a regular basis."
"Ah yes. I remember. It seems like just yesterday when you used those big strong hands all over my body. Teaching me a lesson and punishing me to where it hurt so good." Shan shuddered, leaning back against the wall and smirking again. "So Ar, am I in need of more punishment? Will you let your toy watch this time?" He ran his hand up the middle of his naked chest and pinched his nipple.
Vaughn looked between Ar and Shan. "Um...Ar? Should I leave you two alone?"
Ar let out an exasperated breath. "Shan, stop it now. You've had your fun; what do you want? What purpose for your visit?"
"Better question is how the hell did he get in here if you protected this house?"
"I couldn't keep him out; we share the same bloodline. Vaughn, meet my baby brother."
Vaughn looked between Shan's blueness and Ar's tan-ness. "Sorry, don't see the resemblance." He chuckled a bit madly, then stopped. "Wait a second, he's your brother and you two...did that together? Damn, that's...well that's...okay, that's kinda interesting."
Ar gave him a droll look. "We did not have sex! His personality alone would wither my erection."
"Oh stop it, Ar. You're making me blush here." Shan pushed off of the wall he leaned on and swayed over to them. "So, you two ready to get this party pumping?" He gyrated and thrust his hips toward Vaughn.
Vaughn moved closer to Ar. "You did say you could take this one, right?"
Ar situated himself between Vaughn and Shan. "What do you want, Shan? Why are you here?" Vaughn could hear the irritation in his voice.
With Shan still in his Djin form he easily winked over Ar's shoulder at Vaughn. "Why dearest brother, I've come to help you and your toy. I figure if anyone gets the pleasure of terminating you it should be yours truly, not those idjits who think they call the shots."

3 comments:

  1. Love this. who's met their match eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...I take absolutely no responsibility for what might happen here...lol

    ReplyDelete

Be Yourself

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955
The Romance Reviews