6/06/2013

Crawl in Bed With Parker Williams



Crawling Into Bed With Parker Williams
And a Good Book

Important things first, are these sheets silk or cotton?
Cotton, definitely. As a vegan I won't touch silk. So take off those underwear.

*gasp* Hey! Your hands are cold! Don't...What are you wearing?

Seeing as how I'm crawling into bed with you? Anything more than a smile is simply a waste of time.


*swallows hard* Predatory...Where's that lion tamer's whip? What are we snacking on in bed while we read tonight?

 I had brought some fruit and crackers, but you look tastier. I'll get back to you on that after I partake of all the delicacies laid out before me.


*blinks* Um...You want to borrow my glasses? Cuz...uh, I think you aren't seeing clearly.  If I open this nightstand drawer, what will I find?

That depends. If it's the top one, you're going to find the dogs play things. If you open the bottom drawer you'll find my play things. (Which isn't nearly as exciting as it sounds, believe me.)

Uh huh. *sneaks a peak* I thought so. Do you roll up in the blankets like a burrito, or kick the covers off during the night?

 If I'm going to be warm in bed, it's only going to be by body heat. I love snuggling up in the cool weather. I hate being too warm.

Can I put my cold feet on your calves to warm them up?

 Oh, go for it! If it cools me off, I'm happy.

What are we reading?  500 Miles by Parker Williams is my debut story. It comes out tomorrow, 6/7/13 from MLR Press.




When I was fourteen I fell in love with an older man. It wasn’t any one thing that made me
fall in love. In fact, I can’t even tell you when I realized it. When I started
high school he was there for me. He helped me in ways that no one else would.
He laughed at my jokes. He was playful. He never seemed to mind having me
around. He even ate lunch with me, despite the fact people gave him funny
looks. His name was Jason, but everyone called him Jase.


Jase was my brother Eric’s best friend and he was perfect in my eyes. He was poised,confident, friendly. He never treated me like a kid, even though I was three
years younger than he was. Jase always tried to include me in on plans they
had, sometimes over Eric’s protests. They’d made arrangements to go to a
baseball game and Jase wanted me to come along, but Eric whined about it. “I
don’t need my little brother tagging along every time we go somewhere.”

Jase chuckled. “He’s not going to be your little brother forever, dude. When he gets older do you really want him to remember how you treated him? I’d give my left nut to have what you do. Let him come along, okay?”


I heard Eric grumbling, but eventually he gave in. He always did. Jase was just that
convincing and it was one more thing about him I loved. I mean, really, what
wasn’t to love? Jase was taller than me, I was kinda scrawny at five-feet-six-inches, a good six inches shorter than he was. I was lucky to weigh in at one-hundred-ten, he was a bulky one-eighty. He kept his dark hair buzzed close to the scalp, which made his forest green eyes pop out. My hair was a boring brown and my eyes were like mud. Is it any wonder I worshiped this man? God, I was going to miss him.


Visit Parker at his blog

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the by play gentlemen. Can't wait for the book.

    Cinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview...loved it. I'm gonna start reading this tonight, Parker, it just sounds too good to wait...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the excerpt! You guys are so funny. I want to know what's in the bottom drawer of the nightstand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. His sarcasm, teasing nature and a couple of signed photographs of himself to hand out.. Loved the chat boys... I hope you brought protections Lee cause you fell for the whole off with the boxers cause they are silk line.. (were they REALLY silk or did he have you dazzled)..

    ReplyDelete

Be Yourself

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955
The Romance Reviews