This is a mingling of recipes found on the web, from Martha Stewart and All Recipes. We just monkeyed around with them until we got the taste we wanted.
· 4 T olive oil
· 1 small onion, diced
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 medium zucchini, thin sliced
· 1 cup frozen corn kernels
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
· 4 flour tortillas
· 2 cups grated Monterrey jack cheese
· 1 t lime juice
· ½ t ground cumin
· ½ t paprika
· ¼ t cayenne
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 3 T oil over medium heat. Add onion and spices; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute more.
2. Add zucchini and frozen corn kernels; cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is soft and corn is tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro, if using.
3. Brush one side of all tortillas with remaining tablespoon oil. Put 2 tortillas, oiled side down, on a baking sheet. Place half of the filling on each, and sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with remaining tortillas.
4. Bake until cheese has melted and tortillas are golden brown, turning once, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool slightly. To serve, slice each quesadilla into wedges.
Serve with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.