Which in Lee's little world means it's time to rock. Time to get out the Petty and the Foreigner and the Steely Dan and put some words on the page.
Tom Petty is my favorite music to listen to when I'm just getting to know my characters, because he is a master at character creation in a few simple words.
These are just a few of the lyrics that help me explore my new characters.
- Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks. Some doors are opened, some roads are blocked. Sundowns are golden, then fade away. And if I never do nothing, I'll get you back someday. - Tom Petty, Even Walls Fall Down
- God, it's so painful when something that's so close is still so far out of reach. - Tom Petty, American Girl
- Time to move on, time to get going. What lies ahead I have no way of knowing. But under my feet, baby, grass is growing. - Tom Petty, Time To Move On
- I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings. Coming down is the hardest thing. - Tom Petty, Learning To Fly
- It just seems to useless to have to work so hard, and nothing ever really seem to come from it. - Tom Petty, Here Comes My Girl
And now, its time for me to get going!