9/02/2013

Top Five: Hair Band Ballads

I'm pretty eclectic in my musical tastes. My cd shelf and computer play host to everything from classical to jazz, pop and rock, and spans decades. This weekend we were swept by a heatwave, and I found myself thrown back to my childhood days in the sweltering Texas summers, and the hair bands that made the 80's such an exciting time to be young.

This list is by no means comprehensive, being limited to five by my attention span, (growing older has its price!) but here goes My Top 5 Hair Band Ballads, for the moment! 


1. Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorn
2. Def Leppard - Love Bites (and it was damned hard narrowing this to JUST one from them!) 
3. Aerosmith - I Don't Want to Miss A Thing (Again! Dilemma!)
4. Journey - Faithfully
5. Cheap Trick _ Can't Stop Falling In Love 

And there you have it! Rock on! Write on.. um ... have some coffee? What's your favorite? Anything you think should have made the list that didn't?



1 comment:

Be Yourself

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955
The Romance Reviews