1. North and South - okay, so it was actually a miniseries about 24 hours long, but still...
2. Sound of Music - In second grade, my class took a field trip to see this movie- I've been a fan every since.
3. The Wizard of Oz - as a child, I was terrified not only that flying monkeys would swoop down from the trees and attack me, but that a house would fall on me.
4. Planet of the Apes - saw at a drive in theater with my whole family in the back end of a station wagon - it was a double feature with 2001 Space Odyssey, which bored me to sleep. Roddy McDowall as Cornelius, however, is something that I can still grin about today
5. Star Wars - Yes. I am more likely to watch this than any of the new ones. My siblings and I fought light saber battles with tree branches for years after seeing this.
NOW Moving out of the childhood years
6. Shawshank Redemption - I'm still not sure he was innocent
7. Good Will Hunting - Because. That's why. Just Because.
8. The Dead Poet's Society - I wanted to be that teacher- the one who inspires creative thought and action. I hope I was.
9. Pulp Fiction - What just happened there? I know. It's awful...but in a really good way.
10. The Silence of the Lambs - Shudder.
What about you? Can you name ten movies that have stuck with you over the years?