7/02/2015

Top of the TBR #reading #rainydays #everyday


So, this week I've been reading something a little out of the ordinary for me...
Young Adult fiction. Kids books. 

I went through a YA phase several years back... and even then I couldn't pass for a YA. But I did read Harry Potter cover to cover multiple times. All seven books. Then I fell off that wagon and couldn't get into things like The Hunger Games and Twilight. *shrugs*

Then I bought these books.

And Read them in one sitting. Now I"m stuck waiting until September for the next one to come out. Ooh how I hate the waiting game!






Will West is careful to live life under the radar. At his parents' insistence, he's made sure to get mediocre grades and to stay in the middle of the pack on his cross-country team. Then Will slips up, accidentally scoring off the charts on a nationwide exam.


After exposing the sinister underground society of students known as the Knights of Charlemagne, Will West stays at the Center over the summer to explore his newly developing physical and mental abilities. Meanwhile, his roommates investigate the Knights' shadowy purpose and discover unsettling information about their own backgrounds. Will and his friends must quickly figure out what's going on and separate friend from foe as they prepare for the coming fight.


If you're at all into Young Adult at the moment, give them a whirl. The writing is good, action flows well, and the characters are engaging. To be honest, I was half done before I realized it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Yourself

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955
The Romance Reviews