10/31/2016

Little Things, The Walking Dead, Rebate #caffeinateme #thewritestuff

It's the Little Things…

Good morning. *sips coffee* *grins* Summer's gone, the heat is fading. I even though it was 80 degrees yesterday.) Winter is breathing heavy on the horizon. We've already had a few nights of "where's the extra blanket" weather here in the Midwest.

We're loving it. For one thing, the colors of fall are amazing, and we are beautifully situated to enjoy it all. Red, burgundy, yellow, gold… the hills are clothed in my favorite colors. And… it's soup weather. Soup is one of my all-time favorite foods. I've got some great soup recipes to share with you- both were extremely well received by the clan- at various points in the coming week. (Beefy Mac and Creamy Chicken). As is my wont, I googled how to make the soups I remembered from my childhood, then fiddled with the recipes to use the ingredients I had on hand. (Sometimes this procedure is not so successful!)

As if all that weren't enough to make fall awesome, my brother and his family are coming down for thanksgiving and bringing my mom with them. Full house! Turkey day is one of the best family holidays. I love to have a big crowd gathered around the table.

In other news, I have still not recovered from the trauma that was The Walking Dead s7 ep 1. I'm not sure recovery is possible. Aside from the emotional impact… there was the whole bloodbath aspect of the thing. Just what are these writers trying to say about the nature of humanity, anyway? That we're all just savage idiots at heart? This is what I despised about William Golding's The Lord of the Flies when I was forced to read it thirty years ago- and Conrad's Heart of Darkness… and so many pieces of great literature.



Thank the creative forces for Romance Novels. Under the direst of circumstances, mayhem, murder, zombie outbreak, people discover love and realize what is best in themselves. *mutters* I guarantee you that if the world goes to hell, I will be surviving on my own wit and ingenuity, not using violence to compel others to ensure my survival.

Do you think there's any er… jibe intended in the fact that Negan was a high school coach before the Zombie outbreak? Is this social commentary on the brutality of high school sports and the mentality that it instills in our kids? Perhaps we should be investing in needlepoint clubs and chess championships instead of football? Is the competitive culture going to be our downfall?

No? Hm.

Anyway, I have not yet watched episode 2 of The Walking Dead. I'm not sure when I'll be able to do that. When I can stop seeing that blood soaked baseball bat, I suppose. *shudder*

Today, there's a great rebate sale over at All Romance. 50% back on your purchases so you can shop again another day. Awesome time to stock up on reading material, begin your holiday shopping, or just indulge yourself in a sweet or sexy read. Click here to save some $. All Romance 50% Rebate Link

The main projects for today are to get the social media wagon back on the trail – and that means streamlining my presence- and beginning the read through of the first draft of Parkerbug #4. Havan is working on the epilogue, so the actual story is finished. FINALLY!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Yourself

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955
The Romance Reviews