2/21/2013

Crawl in Bed With Brita Addams






Crawling Into Bed With Brita Addams

And a Good Book

Brita Addams
February 19, 2013





Important things first, are these sheets silk or cotton?
800 count Egyptian cotton, in a nice sage green.

What are you wearing?
The usual – an old t-shirt and flannel pajama pants. I have to be comfy and warm.

What are we snacking on in bed while we read tonight?
 I actually snack before bed, but a nice bowl of double strawberry ice cream and peach iced tea did the trick. I have water beside my bed always, though.

If I open this nightstand drawer, what will I find?
*slaps your hands* As Rizzo said in Grease, "Keep your filthy paws off my" wooden "drawers." (artistic license taken. J)
Starting on the top, you can see how neat. The Kindle has a prominent place, then various sundries, and my water.
Below that, as you can see, I have three drawers. The top one has hand lotion, sleeping meds, a couple of books, one being Wanton Women by Anonymous, and an odd tie-back or two from the bedroom drapes. The second drawer, well… and the third, well-er…

Do you roll up in the blankets like a burrito, or kick the covers off during the night?
Neither. I am a pathetically neat sleeper. I do, however, steal the covers and am often the victim of hubby's tugs when I have left parts of him hanging in the breeze.


Can I put my cold feet on your calves to warm them up?
I was going to ask you the same question. I have notoriously cold feet, but I do have a warm heart. J
What are we reading?
Hope you like research. Personally, I am researching my Revolutionary War-era romance, so I have tons of books on my Kindle. I'm working on a saga, which begins during the French and Indian War and will trace generations of the same family through the Civil War.            
As for everyone else, I hope they are reading For Men Like Us, my Regency era gay romance.
It came out in September at Dreamspinner and I'm pleased to say that it has gotten terrific reviews.
Here's the blurb:
After Preston Meacham’s lover dies trying to lend him aid at Salamanca, hopelessness becomes his only way of life. Despite his best efforts at starting again, he has no pride left, which leads him to sell himself for a pittance at a molly house. The mindless sex affords him his only respite from the horrors he witnessed.

The Napoleonic War left Benedict Wilmot haunted by the acts he was forced to commit and the torture he endured at the hands of a superior, a man who used the threat of a gruesome death to force Ben to do his bidding. Even sleep gives Ben no reprieve, for he can’t escape the destruction he caused.

When their paths cross, Ben feels an overwhelming need to protect Preston from his dangerous profession. As he explains, “The streets are dangerous for men like us.” 
You can read an excerpt and purchase For Men Like Us by clicking here.

About Brita
Born in Upstate New York, Brita Addams has made her home in the sultry south for many years. Brita's home is a happy place, where she lives with her real-life hero, her husband, and a fat cat named Stormee. All their children are grown.
She writes, for the most part, erotic historical romance, both het and m/m, which is an ideal fit, given her love of British and American history. Setting the tone for each historical is important. Research plays an indispensible part in the writing of any historical work, romance or otherwise. A great deal of reading and study goes into each work, to give the story the authenticity it deserves.
As a reader, Brita prefers historical works, romances and otherwise. She believes herself born in the wrong century, though she says she would find it difficult to live without air conditioning.
Brita and her husband love to travel, particularly cruises and long car trips. They completed a Civil War battlefield tour a couple of years ago, and have visited many places involved in the American Revolutionary War, with more to come in September of 2013. In May, 2013, they are going to England for two weeks, to visit the places Brita writes about in her books.
A bit of trivia – Brita pronounces her name, B-Rita, like the woman's name, and oddly, not like the famous water filter.
Please visit my website, blog, say hello on Twitter or Facebook. I love to meet new people:

Twitter: @britaaddams

5 comments:

  1. LOLOL. Love it you guys. That was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy. I hope you enjoy it. It's one of my favorite pieces that I've written.

    Amara darlin'. Love you as always.

    Lee, thank you for having me. This was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you have a great time in England. I'm up in chilly Scotland, so getting stuck into research is great when it's too cold to go to the actual places...
    great interview

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Raven. We will get to Edinburgh as well. Many years ago, I went to the castle, but by the time we got there, it was closed. I'm determined to see it this time. Thank you for the good travel wishes. We can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Be Yourself

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955
The Romance Reviews