9/30/2013

Top Five: One Hit Wonders





Top Five : One Hit Wonders from the 80's

Can't get out of the 80s lately unless I’m listening to Tom Petty or David Bowie, and I have to wonder sometimes…All those promising bands, with the fabulous songs, what happened to them?


These are a few of my favorite one hit wonders from my school days, and if you happen to know that they went on to superstardom, drop  me a line or a link to their latest!

1.  Soft Cell "Tainted Love"
2.  Modern English "I Melt With You"
3.  Kajagoogoo "Too Shy"
4.  Nena "99 Luft Balloons"
5.  Til Tuesday "Voices Carry"

Who do you think should be on this list? Who are your favorite one hit wonders?



1 comment:

  1. I like every one of them, except... Nena. I never liked that song, and still don't. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Yourself

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955
The Romance Reviews