9/04/2015

Pumpkin Spice, Meeting Chaz, Nipples #writestuff #caffeinateme


Good morning all! It's another gorgeous summer day here in the Midwest, by which I mean sweltering hot at dawn, but hey! I got to see the sunrise over the forest and that was awesome! Plus… today, I am getting a jump start on fall by adding a splash of pumpkin spice creamer to my coffee. Mm. *sips coffee* *hums These Are a Few of My Favorite Things* I happened to pick up this bottle of creamer at the grocery store, but it reminded me that I found a recipe for making your own creamer that I intend to try out.  Once this bottle is empty, I plan to refill it with my homemade version. It goes perfectly with my music of the day: Renegade by Styx.  
Do you enjoy any particular seasonal coffee trends?


Yesterday, Havan and I started working on the opening chapter of our project. We're currently calling it "At the Heart of Christmas" but that's strictly a working title and is likely to change between now and the end of the book. We worked out some back story and basically introduced ourselves to our characters. There's a bit of humor and a lot of potential for disaster in the offing. Chaz and Sprocket are today's top priority as well. Here's a tiny taste of what went down yesterday: (Remember, this is completely unedited and is subject to change!)

The jangling bell attracted both Xander and Sprocket’s attention. Xander’s smile widened, his mouth parted to utter a greeting. Before any words came though, Sprocket whirled with an excited squeal.
Chaz saw it coming. He held up a hand, as though that would do any good.
Xander saw it too. He stepped back and raised his Chinese take-out boxes.
Even Sprocket saw it coming. The squeal died. His cute little bow of a mouth turned into a startled “o” that triggered filthy memories Chaz had been suppressing for months.
The breeze caught one plastic lid, swirled it in a delicate dance of passion and denial, then swept it off down the street. A pumpkin and spice scented arc of coffee, thick and creamy and scalding hot, whirled up from the cup like a genie from a brass lamp,  seemed to hover in midair, choosing its target, before darting forward and tagging Chaz squarely in the chest.
He dropped his hand, squeezed his eyes shut, and counted again. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. He opened his eyes, and reassessed the situation. “Hello, Sprocket, Xander.”

Still working on Mum's the Word as well. I'm at chapter seven, which will post to the blog on Sept. 14th. It's good to be a little ahead of the game instead of playing catch up!

Drinking my coffee this morning, I skimmed Pinterest, just because, well, that's what I do after the sun rises, and nearly spurted coffee all over when I saw this article:


Well, yeah. I was all over that. Clicked right away. Because you know how old sex is? As old as the human race, right? How can anything about it be trendy and hip? Once you get past fifteen and start actually having sex instead of thinking about it, well... Anyway, I'm not much of a trend follower. Not fashion trends (give me a good pair of Levi's and a t-shirt any day), or trendy cars, or music, or anything really… But I thought I could probably get into trendy sex.

Except that as it turns out, these trends are uh… kind of not all that trendy. Risky sex? 35 % of people surveyed admitted to having sex outside? Please. Human kind has been fornicating outside in public for centuries. This isn't a trend. It's a confession. If everyone were being honest, their first time was probably risky public underage sex.

Showing your nipples? What does that have to do with sex? Nipples are body parts. Some people find them sexy. The "Free the Nipple" campaign isn't about sex, is it? Isn't it about equality and the right not to be treated as a sex object because your nipples are female and not male?

Anyhow, I got a kick out of the sex trends, even if there wasn't anything useful I could take to the sheets. Except maybe the sex toy thing- that might require more research.


Signing of with an FYI: If you're an ipod/ipad user, I have 33 titles available at the i-TunesBook Store. Click and download some sweet, sexy m/m romance to your i-device today!


Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Yourself

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955
The Romance Reviews